- Preparation time
- 45 mins
- Cooking time
- 70 mins
- 4 people
- March 6, 2016
Chakhokhbili of chicken.
Georgian chakhokhbili chicken in his recipe, except, of course, the chicken, contains more tomatoes, herbs and spices. We decided to vary the classic recipe by adding other favorite vegetables.
Try to cook chakhokhbili of chicken, and appreciate this recipe.Print
Chakhokhbili of chicken
- 1 kg chicken,
- 300 g red onion,
- 300 g Bulgarian pepper,
- 300 g tomatoes,
- 1 carrot,
- a bunch of greens (cilantro, Basil),
- 1 head of garlic,
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste,
- 2 pcs. Bay leaves,
- Khmeli suneli to taste,
- coriander powder to taste,
- ground black pepper, to taste
- salt to taste,
- 100 ml of water (or dry white wine optional).
- Wash the chicken, clean and cut into small pieces.
- Onion cut a quarter of the rings. Carrot RUB on a coarse grater. Bulgarian pepper cut into strips. Take off the tomato skins and finely cut. Grind the herbs. Garlic pass through the frog.
- In hot dry skillet over high heat fry the chicken pieces without oil until Golden brown about 15-20 minutes. Lower the fire, cover the chicken with a lid and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add chicken to the onions and cook, stirring, 5 minutes. Then add to the saucepan the rest of the vegetables and carcasses over medium heat for 7 minutes.
- Dissolve the tomato water or wine, pour in chakhokhbili and carcasses of 5-7 minutes. At the end add salt and garlic, herbs, spices.
- Serve chakhokhbili with chicken hot. Can as a separate dish or garnish to your taste.