- Easy Recipes
- March 13, 2016
Simple Chipotle Chicken.
Lime juice, chili powder, and plenty of other spices give this chicken a nicely colorful crust and a spicy-bright chipotle flavor. It’s a versatile, fast protein option that keeps well for a few days in the fridge and perks up all kinds of ordinary meals with an extra flavor boost.Print
Simple Chipotle Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless;
- 3 tbsp. olive oil;
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice;
- 1 tsp. chipotle chili powder;
- 1 tsp. chili powder;
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin;
- 1/2 tsp. paprika;
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder;
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder;
- Cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, chipotle powder, chili powder, ground cumin, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Rub the chipotle marinade all over the chicken breasts.
- Let the chicken marinate 20 to 30 minutes, or up to 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Melt some cooking fat in a oven resistant skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear the chicken breast 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to the oven and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until the juices run clear and the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes before serving.