- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 4 people
- May 11, 2016
French Bread Taco Pizza.
Take your favorite taco ingredients, and layer them up on French bread. So easy and tasty, too!Print
French Bread Taco Pizza
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (6 oz)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line large cookie sheet with foil. Cut bread in half lengthwise, then in half crosswise. Place on cookie sheet, cut sides up. Place in oven to lightly toast, about 5 minutes.
- In 6-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat until brown, stirring frequently; drain. Add taco seasoning mix and water; cook until thickened.
- Spread refried beans over toasted bread. Top with beef mixture, bell pepper, onion and cheese. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce and tomato.