- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- 2 people
- May 16, 2016
Grilled Zesty Herb Shrimp Salads.
What better topper for salad greens than grilled shrimp?Print
Grilled Zesty Herb Shrimp Salads
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb uncooked deveined peeled large shrimp
- 1/2 bag (10-oz size) American blend mixed salad greens
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, cut into bite-size strips
- 1/4 cup sliced halved cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup shredded or shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 frozen soft white dinner rolls
- Heat gas grill or coals. In medium bowl, mix all Marinade/Dressing ingredients. Reserve half of the mixture for dressing. Using remaining for marinade, add shrimp, tossing to coat. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes.
- When ready to grill, remove shrimp from marinade; reserve marinade. Thread shrimp onto four 12-inch metal skewers; place on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill over medium coals. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, turning and brushing once with marinade, until shrimp are pink. To heat dinner rolls, place rolls in foil on grill; cook 6 to 7 minutes or until hot.
- In large bowl, gently toss all Salad ingredients and the reserved dressing. Divide between 2 serving plates. Top salads with shrimp. Serve with dinner rolls.