- Preparation time
- 60 mins
- Cooking time
- 250 mins
- 9 people
- May 8, 2016
Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches.
Pretty! Pretty easy, that is, with different flavors of ice cream stacked between ® cookies.
Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips or candy sprinkles
- 2 1/4 cups any flavor ice cream, slightly softened
- Heat oven to 350°F. Shape cookie dough into 18 balls On ungreased cookie sheet, place balls 3 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Cut nine 12x9-inch sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Place chocolate chips in small shallow bowl.
- For each sandwich, spoon about 1/4 cup ice cream onto bottom of 1 cookie. Top with second cookie, bottom side down; press together gently. Roll outer edge of ice cream in chocolate chips. Quickly wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap. Freeze 3 hours or until firm. For longer storage, place wrapped sandwiches in resealable freezer plastic bag. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.