- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 40 mins
- 4 people
- April 23, 2016
Low Country Shrimp Foil Packs.
This foil pack version of the Southern classic low country shrimp boil brings together andouille sausage, corn on the cob and baby red potatoes.
Low Country Shrimp Foil Packs
- 1 lb small red potatoes, halved
- 4 pieces frozen mini corn on the cob, thawed, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay™ seasoning
- 1 lb uncooked peeled deveined extra-large shrimp (16 to 20 count)
- 12 oz fully cooked andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut 4 (18x12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered on High 5 to 6 minutes or until potatoes are just tender. Add corn to potatoes; drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the oil, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the seasoning; mix until evenly coated. Place shrimp in medium bowl; toss with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and remaining 1 teaspoon seasoning; mix until evenly coated.
- Place equal amount of sausage on center of each sheet of foil. Dividing evenly, arrange potato and corn mixture around sausage. Divide shrimp evenly over sausage. Squeeze 1 wedge of lemon over each pack.
- Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal.
- Place packs on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 6 minutes. Rotate packs 1/2 turn; cook 5 to 7 minutes longer or until shrimp are pink and sausage is heated through. Remove packs from grill, cut large X across top of each pack. Carefully fold back foil; sprinkle with parsley, and top with remaining lemon wedges.