- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- 2 people
- May 17, 2016
Grilled Pesto-Stuffed Tenderloin Steaks.
The bold basil flavor of pesto blends beautifully in the grilled steak, and it’s ready in just 20 minutes!Print
Grilled Pesto-Stuffed Tenderloin Steaks
- 2 (1-inch-thick) beef tenderloin steaks (about 3/4 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons purchased pesto
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat grill. With narrow sharp knife, make a 1-inch slit in one side of each steak. Make a pocket in each steak by moving knife around inside of steak. DO NOT ENLARGE THE 1-INCH OPENING.
- Spoon half of pesto into each steak, spreading it around the inside of the steak. Brush all sides of steaks with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- When ready to grill, place steaks on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 7 to 11 minutes or until of desired doneness, turning once.