- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- 4 people
- May 17, 2016
Bacon-Stuffed Tenderloin Steaks.
Have your beef and stuffing, too, in a great grilled combo!Print
Bacon-Stuffed Tenderloin Steaks
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cornbread stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 (6-oz.) boneless beef tenderloin steaks (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1 teaspoon peppered seasoned salt
- Heat grill. Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until almost crisp. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings with bacon in skillet; set aside remaining drippings. Add onion to skillet; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Add cornbread stuffing mix crumbs and water; mix well. Remove from heat.
- With sharp knife, make pocket in side of each steak for stuffing. Spoon stuffing into each steak. Brush both sides of each steak with reserved drippings. Sprinkle each with peppered seasoned salt.
- When ready to grill, place steaks on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 8 to 12 minutes or until of desired doneness, turning once.