- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 60 mins
- 6 people
- May 30, 2016
Enjoy the flavors of the State Fair with these yummy turkey legs.
Cajun Deep-Fried Turkey Legs
- 8 cups peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 6 turkey legs (about 4 lb)
- In heavy 6-quart Dutch oven or deep fat fryer, heat oil to 375°F.
- Sprinkle and rub Cajun seasoning on turkey legs.
- Fry 2 turkey legs at a time in hot oil 14 to 16 minutes, turning once halfway through, until skin is golden brown and juice of turkey is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (at least 165°F). Drain on paper towels. Keep warm in 200°F oven.