- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 130 mins
- 12 people
- May 27, 2016
Pepper-Crusted Prime Rib with Zinfandel Sauce.
Delicious pork roast baked with spices for dinner and served with zesty Zinfandel Sauce.
Pepper-Crusted Prime Rib with Zinfandel Sauce
- 1 boneless prime or choice beef rib roast (6 lb)
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon mixed peppercorns, coarsely ground
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup red Zinfandel wine or nonalcoholic red wine
- 1 can (14 oz) beef broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brandy or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 450°F. With tip of knife, make shallow slits in surface of beef roast. Insert slices of garlic. In small bowl, mix ground peppercorns, mustard seed, Worcestershire sauce and Dijon mustard. Spread over surface of roast. Place roast on rack in shallow metal roasting pan.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; bake 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes longer or until meat thermometer inserted in center registers 140°F for medium-rare.
- Remove roast from pan; cover with foil to keep warm. Remove and discard all but 2 tablespoons drippings from pan. Add shallots; cook and stir over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until shallots are tender. Add wine; cook over medium-high heat until mixture boils, scraping brown bits from bottom of pan.
- In small bowl, mix broth and flour until smooth. Stir into wine mixture. Cook until mixture comes to a boil, stirring frequently. Boil 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in brandy. Cut roast into slices. Serve with sauce. Sprinkle individual servings with parsley.