- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 10 mins
- 4 people
- February 17, 2016
Teriyaki beef with vegetables.
Tuck into a quick, easy and healthy meal of teriyaki beef with vegetables.Print
Teriyaki beef with vegetables
- 500g rump steak, trimmed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) teriyaki marinade
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed, halved
- 1 large red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed, halved
- 1 cup (200g) low-GI rice (such as Doongara – see note), cooked
- Place the steak in a shallow dish, pour over the teriyaki marinade and season with freshly ground black pepper. Turn the steak to coat in the mixture, then set aside to marinate for 10 minutes (or longer if you have the time).
- Heat a non-stick frypan over mediumhigh heat. Remove beef from marinade, reserving the marinade, then cook the beef in the pan for 2 minutes on each side for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking. Wrap in foil and rest while you cook the vegetables.
- Wipe pan clean and place over medium heat. Add the oil, then add the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until the vegetables are cooked but still have a little crunch. Add the reserved marinade and 2 tablespoons water to the pan, allow to bubble for 1-2 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Thickly slice the beef, then serve with the vegetables and steamed rice, drizzled with the pan juices.