- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 4 people
- February 17, 2016
LSA chicken with beetroot and silverbeet.
Don’t just use LSA (linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds) on your muesli – here it gives chicken a crunchy oven-baked crust while adding protein and healthy omega-3 fats.Print
LSA chicken with beetroot and silverbeet
- 2 tablespoons linseeds (see note)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons almonds, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 x 180g chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons wholemeal or plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 500g silverbeet, stalks removed, roughly chopped
- 400g canned whole baby beetroots, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Combine the linseeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds, then transfer to a plate. Dust chicken in flour, then dip in the beaten egg to coat.
- Press the chicken into the seed mixture until coated. Place on the tray and bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook silverbeet in a pan of boiling, salted water for 3 minutes or until wilted. Drain, then toss with the beetroot, oil and lemon juice, then serve with the chicken.