- Preparation time
- 45 mins
- Cooking time
- 45 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 6 people
- June 3, 2016
Thai Chicken Burritos.
Exotic Thai flavors come to a family-friendly tortilla wrap.Print
Thai Chicken Burritos
- 1/2 cup uncooked basmati rice, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky medium salsa
- 1/3 cup JIF® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 6 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (from 11-oz package)
- 6 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky medium salsa
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- Cook rice in water as directed on package, omitting butter, if called for.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix 1 cup salsa, the peanut butter, teriyaki sauce, water and brown sugar; set aside.
- In large resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix chili powder and ginger. Add chicken; seal bag and shake until chicken is evenly coated.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is no longer pink in center. Stir in salsa mixture. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in cooked rice; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until mixture is thoroughly heated.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas as directed on package. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken filling on each warm tortilla to within 1 inch of edge of tortilla. Fold sides of tortilla toward center; fold ends over. Place burritos, folded sides down, on serving plate. Top each with 1 tablespoon salsa and 1 tablespoon sour cream.