- March 9, 2016
Pork and hot pepper hash.
From Better Homes and Gardens, ideas and improvement projects for your home and garden plus recipes and entertaining ideas.
Pork and hot pepper hash
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 poblano pepper*, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper*, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 pounds ground pork
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 pound baby Yukon gold potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper and/or crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (optional)
- 4 eggs, cooked sunny side up in 1 Tbsp. butter
- Sliced red and/or green jalapeno peppers (optional)
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Bottled green hot pepper sauce
- Lime wedges
- complete your meal
- Delicious Breakfast Recipes
- Our Best Hash Brown Potato Recipes
- Our Best Smoothie Recipes
- In a large bowl combine cilantro, poblano pepper, jalapeno pepper, and garlic. Add pork and lime juice. Gently mix to combine. Set aside for 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan cook potatoes in boiling salted water, covered, for about 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- In a large skillet cook pork mixture until pork begins to brown. Stir in potatoes; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 5 to 7 minutes more or until pork is cooked through and potatoes are tender, turning occasionally. For moister hash, stir in chicken broth, if desired.
- Serve eggs over hash. Top with sliced peppers and additional cilantro, if desired. Pass bottled green hot pepper sauce and lime wedges.