- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 35 mins
- 4 people
- March 24, 2016
Grilled NY steaks with a fresh cilantro onion dredge sauce. After grilling the steaks, give them a quick dredge in this olive oil and herb board sauce and they will be packed with flavor! Low carb, gluten free, paleo and Whole30.Print
NY Steak with Cilantro Onion Dredge
- (2) 8-oz New York steaks
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves removed and chopped
- 1/4 yellow onion, grated on the large holes of a box grater, about 3 tablespoons
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
- roughly 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat your grill (or indoor grill pan) over high heat. Clean the grates and coat with olive oil. Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper.
- On a cutting board or large plate, make the dredge sauce by combining the cilantro, onion, garlic, and olive oil. The amount of olive oil really depends on how much onion and cilantro you are using. You want it to look like a thick marinade, not too runny. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir together with a fork.
- Cook the steaks on the grill. The cook time will depend on the thickness and size of your steaks. Typically just about 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove the steaks when they are 1 minute away from being done, and coat both sides of the steak in the cilantro onion dredge sauce. Return the steaks to the grill and cook for 30 seconds more per side. Remove from heat and allow the meat to rest for 5 minutes before cutting in to it.