- Preparation time
- 5 mins
- Cooking time
- 190 mins
- 6 people
- May 27, 2016
Easy Prime Rib Roast.
The trick to homemade prime rib is five simple ingredients and easy, flavorful au jus.
Easy Prime Rib Roast
- 1 boneless beef rib roast (4 1/2 lb)
- 1 teaspoon coarse (kosher or sea) salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line shallow roasting pan with foil. Place beef, fat side up, in pan.
- In small bowl, mix salt, thyme, garlic powder and pepper until well blended. Sprinkle and press herb mixture on roast.
- For medium-rare, roast uncovered 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours 15 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center reads 135°F. For medium, roast 2 hours 15 minutes to 2 hours 45 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center reads 150°F. Cover roast loosely with foil; let stand 15 to 20 minutes before carving.