- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 50 mins
- 6 people
- March 24, 2016
Healthy Pumpkin Bread.
A delicious, healthy pumpkin bread recipe – the BEST pumpkin bread I’ve ever had! And, it’s made with half the amount of sugar, half whole wheat flour, greek yogurt and coconut oil. A healthier pumpkin bread you can enjoy without the guilt!Print
Healthy Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup white, unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- (1) 15-oz can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup plain, non fat greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with the rack in the center. Line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with 2 sheets parchment paper, 1 running the length and 1 running the width, both cut to fit. This will make it extremely easy to lift the pumpkin bread out of the pan. I use binder clips to clamp down the parchment paper so it stays in place.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, sugar, honey, greek yogurt, eggs, and coconut oil. Stir to combine.
- Transfer the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture. Fold until combined.
- Transfer the batter to the parchment lined loaf pan. Bake for 60 minutes, or until a wooden inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then lift it out of the pan using the parchment paper and cool on a wire rack for another 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
- Wrap bread in plastic wrap and store at room temperature for 3 days.