- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 60 mins
- 10 people
- February 16, 2016
Banana, coconut and goji berry bread.
Treat yourself with this low-cal, healthy version of banana bread.Print
Banana, coconut and goji berry bread
- 35g (1/3 cup) rolled oats
- 1 tablespoons flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 75g (1/3 cup) solidified coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 40g (1/3 cup) coconut flour
- 40g (1/3 cup) almond meal
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Grease and line the base and ?sides of a 7 x 22cm (base measurement) ?loaf pan, allowing the edges to overhang.
- Combine 3 tsp of the oats, 2 tsp of the flaxseed and 1 tsp of the coconut sugar in ?a small bowl. Set aside. Use electric ?beaters to beat the coconut oil and remaining sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in 1 egg and 1 tbs of the coconut flour. Repeat with the remaining eggs and coconut flour until combined.
- Add the almond meal, goji berries, ?baking powder, cinnamon, banana and remaining oats and flaxseed to the egg mixture and stir to combine. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth the surface, then sprinkle with the reserved oat mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour or until firm and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.