- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 40 mins
- 5 people
- March 19, 2016
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.
Oh, and my house smelled heavenly yesterday too… I would say it’s a HUGE hit all the way around!!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, melted & cooled
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup vanilla (or plain) yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (heaping)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x5" loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray - I use the butter flavored!
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the bananas, butter, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla. Gently fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture, stirring until just combined. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth it out level on top. Bake for approximately 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs . It will be golden brown on top!
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes then flip out onto a cooling rack. I like to eat it warm, but it's easier to slice if you let it cool for about an hour.