- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- 4 people
- April 1, 2016
Spiced mince and lentil stuffed peppers.
This protein-rich meal is delicious with a fresh, crunchy salad.Print
Spiced mince and lentil stuffed peppers
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 200g lean beef mince
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 x 400g tin brown/green lentils
- 1 x 200g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato pur?e
- 1 yellow and 1red pepper, halved and deseeded
- 2 tbsp mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200?C/gas 6. Place the onion and mince in a medium frying pan and fry for 5-6 minutes until the mince has browned.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the red peppers and cheese, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place the pepper halves in an ovenproof dish, divide the mixture between them and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Cover with foil and cook for 45 minutes until the peppers are tender.
- Remove the foil and cook for a further 10 minutes until the cheese is golden.