- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- 4 people
- May 18, 2016
Orange-Cumin Chicken and Vegetables.
Orange juice and spices blend perfectly in this chicken and vegetable delight.Print
Orange-Cumin Chicken and Vegetables
- 2 cups uncooked instant white rice, if desired
- 2 cups water, if desired
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 4 (4 to 6-oz.) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky Salsa
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 (9-oz.) pkg. Green Giant™ Frozen Sugar Snap Peas
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- Cook rice in water as directed on package. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine coriander, salt and pepper; mix well. Rub mixture on all sides of chicken breast halves. Discard any remaining seasoning mixture. In another small bowl, combine salsa, cornstarch and cumin; mix well.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Add bell pepper and sugar snap peas; cook and stir 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add 2 tablespoons of the orange juice; cover and cook 6 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear, and vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Add salsa mixture and remaining orange juice to skillet; mix well. Bring to a boil. Cook until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Cut chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. Arrange chicken on individual plates. Spoon vegetable mixture over chicken. Serve with rice.