- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 75 mins
- 8 people
- May 27, 2016
Chicken Enchilada Casserole.
This mildly spicy, flavorful casserole makes for a super-simple weeknight dinner. Serve with salad to make it a complete meal.
Cheesy Southwest Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 10 oz total)
- 8 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch)
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Old El Paso™ red enchilada sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained
- 2 cups shredded Mexican four-cheese blend (8 oz)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 12x8-inch (2-quart) baking dish with foil.
- Fill 4-quart pot three-fourths full with water. Add 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 10 oz total). Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to simmer; cover and cook 15 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F).
- Meanwhile, lightly fold 8 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch) in half and place folded-side-down in dish; set aside. Place 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ red enchilada sauce, 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans and 1 cup of the shredded Mexican four-cheese blend in large bowl. Shred cooked chicken. Add chicken to bowl with beans; stir with large spoon to combine.
- Divide chicken mixture evenly among tortillas; wrap tortillas around filling and place seam side down.
- Pour remaining 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ red enchilada sauce evenly over top. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup shredded Mexican four-cheese blend.
- Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.