- Preparation time
- 40 mins
- Cooking time
- 240 mins
- 8 people
- April 22, 2016
Triple Berry Pie.
Triple berry pie is bursting with juicy berries layered on a zesty lemon cream cheese layer.Print
Triple Berry Pie
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 tablespoon coarse white sparkling sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 4 oz (half of 8-oz package) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- Heat oven to 450°F. Make 1 crust as directed on box for One-Crust Pie, Baked Shell. Cool completely, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, unroll second pie crust on work surface. With 4 1/2-inch star-shaped cookie cutter, cut 1 large star. With 2-inch star-shaped cookie cutter, cut 12 small stars. Place stars on ungreased cookie sheet; sprinkle 1 tablespoon sparkling sugar on tops of stars. Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown; cool. Set aside.
- In 2-quart saucepan, beat 3/4 cup granulated sugar, the cornstarch, water and lemon juice with whisk. In small bowl, mash 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries with fork to make 1 cup mashed strawberries; stir into pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir one minute. Pour into medium bowl; cool 5 minutes.
- Remove 1/3 cup cooked strawberry mixture to small bowl, and stir in 1 cup blueberries. To remaining cooked strawberry mixture, fold in remaining 2 1/2 cups sliced strawberries and the raspberries.
- In small bowl, mix cream cheese and lemon peel until well blended. Spread in bottom of cooled baked pie shell. Spoon strawberry-raspberry mixture into pie shell, pushing berries toward outside edges to leave 3-inch circle in center. Scoop blueberry mixture to fill center circle.
- Refrigerate 3 hours. To decorate, place 1 large star in center and smaller stars around edge of pie.