- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 6 people
- February 17, 2016
Fast and healthy high-fibre pasta.
This low-fat, high-fibre dish is the perfect solution for dieters who love their pasta.Print
Fast and healthy high-fibre pasta
- Olive oil, to grease
- 500g jap pumpkin, deseeded, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 red capsicums, quartered, deseeded
- 1 x 500g pkt wholemeal spaghetti
- 200g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 125g pitted kalamata olives, halved lengthways
- 1/4 cup finely shredded fresh basil
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Brush 2 baking trays with oil to lightly grease. Place the pumpkin, garlic and oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and gently toss until combined. Place pumpkin on a prepared tray. Place capsicum on remaining tray. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until pumpkin is golden brown and the capsicum is tender. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain. Return to the pan.
- Thinly slice the capsicum. Add to the pasta, along with the pumpkin, feta, olives and basil. Gently toss until just combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the pasta among serving bowls. Serve with salad leaves, if desired.