- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 110 mins
- 8 people
- February 19, 2016
This creamy pasta casserole is packed with kitchen staple veggies like carrots, zucchini and peppers.
- 2 packages (9 oz each) refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (4 oz)
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook tortellini as directed on package, adding zucchini and carrot during last minute of cooking time; drain.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook garlic and mushrooms in butter 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle with flour, salt and pepper; cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually add broth, stirring constantly until sauce thickens slightly. Add cream cheese; cook and stir until melted. Stir in tomatoes, bell pepper and basil.
- Place tortellini mixture in baking dish. Top with mushroom-cheese sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover; bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly.