- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 35 mins
- 32 people
- June 3, 2016
Chex™ Muddy Buddies™ Bars.
Turn this favorite peanut butter chocolate snack mix into a crunchy marshmallow bar. So easy to stir up and microwave!Print
Chex™ Muddy Buddies™ Bars
- 8 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 bag (10.5 oz) miniature marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- In large bowl, place cereal; set aside.
- Spray 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray. In very large microwavable bowl, microwave butter, chocolate chips and peanut butter uncovered on High 1 minute. Stir; microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth.
- Add marshmallows; toss until coated. Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute 15 seconds to 1 minute 45 seconds, stirring until mixture is well blended.
- Immediately stir in cereal gently until evenly coated. Press cereal mixture evenly into pan using spatula sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar. If desired, refrigerate about 20 minutes, or cool completely at room temperature until bars are set. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows. Store tightly covered.