- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 180 mins
- 16 people
- May 31, 2016
Chocolate-Oatmeal Brookie Bars.
These simple cookie-brownie bars have the height to impress. Easy to make and made extra-special with the addition of oats. Serve these at half-time during game day!Print
Chocolate-Oatmeal Brookie Bars
- 1 box (1 lb 2.3 oz) fudge brownie mix
- Vegetable oil, water and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 9-inch square pan with foil, allowing foil to hang over sides of pan for easy removal after baking. Spray with cooking spray.
- Make brownie batter as directed on box. Spread in pan. Bake 35 to 38 minutes or until brownies are set around sides and toothpick inserted in center of brownies comes out almost clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, crumble cookie dough; stir in oats until mixed well. Drop cookie dough mixture in chunks on top of baked brownie layer. With back of spoon or offset metal spatula, gently press cookie dough together to form even layer.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cookie layer is set, covering with foil last 10 minutes if necessary to prevent overbrowning. Cool 1 hour 30 minutes, and remove bars from pan; cut into 4 rows by 4 rows.