- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 4 people
- October 16, 2016
M&M Oatmeal Carmelitas.
Oatmeal cookie crust with a generous layer of caramels, and topped with chopped walnuts, chocolate chips, and mini M&Ms.Print
M&M Oatmeal Carmelitas
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/4 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 c. quick oats
- 1 – 14 oz. bag caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tbsp. cream
- 1 c. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. chopped walnuts
- 1 c. plain mini M&Ms
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and quick oats.
- Add dry ingredients to the mixing bowl, and beat until combined.
- Press into a greased 9×13 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine caramels and cream in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat at 30 second intervals until caramels are melted and smooth.
- Spread over the crust.
- Sprinkle with the chocolate chips, walnut