- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 80 mins
- 24 people
- May 31, 2016
Banana Bread Cookie Bars.
You’re just two ingredients away from banana bread cookie bars. Make ‘em even more irresistible with a quick cream cheese frosting!
Banana Bread Cookie Bars
- 1 ripe medium banana
- 1 roll refrigerated sugar cookies
- 4 oz cream cheese (from 8-oz package), softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 to 2 teaspoons whipping cream or milk
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 8-inch square pan with foil or cooking parchment paper; spray foil with cooking spray.
- In bowl of stand mixer with paddle attachment, place 1 ripe medium banana and 1 roll refrigerated sugar cookies. (You can also use an electric hand mixer or a wooden spoon.) Beat on low to medium-low speed until smooth. Press mixture in bottom of pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, at least 30 minutes.
- To make frosting, beat 4 oz cream cheese, softened, and 2 tablespoons butter, softened, with electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until smooth. Beat in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon whipping cream or milk, adding more as needed for spreading consistency.
- Spread frosting over cooled bars. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store in airtight container in refrigerator up to 3 days.