- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 4 people
- June 4, 2016
Easy Mediterranean Chicken.
Bring the Mediterranean to your table with this simple chicken dish. Tomatoes, tapenade and basil come together in this quick dinner.Print
Easy Mediterranean Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 oz each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (about 10 oz)
- 1/4 cup olive tapenade
- Place chicken breasts on sheet of waxed paper. Sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon of the salt evenly over chicken breasts; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the basil; press lightly. Turn chicken breasts over. Sprinkle remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt over chicken; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons basil. Cover with another sheet of waxed paper. Pound chicken with rolling pin or meat mallet to 1/2-inch thickness.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts. Cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown on outside and no longer pink in center. Remove chicken to plate; cover to keep warm.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and tapenade to skillet. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until tomatoes just begin to soften and mixture is heated through. Serve tomato mixture over chicken; top with remaining 2 tablespoons basil.