- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 45 mins
- 4 people
- May 9, 2016
Lemon-Basil Butter Chicken Skillet.
This pan-fried chicken comes together in a snap with basic pantry staples, but tastes anything but ordinary.
Lemon-Basil Butter Chicken Skillet
- 1 1/2 cups Progresso™ chicken stock or broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs with skin (about 1 lb)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- Heat oven to 400°F. In 2 cup glass measuring cup, stir chicken stock, lemon juice, basil leaves and cornstarch until well blended.
- In 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken 5 to 10 minutes, turning once until golden brown. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. In same skillet, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Stir in broth mixture and garlic, cook 3 to 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Return chicken to skillet. Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (at least 165° F).