- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 60 mins
- 2 people
- May 28, 2016
Prime Rib with Caramelized Onion Sandwiches.
Our favorite way to use leftover prime rib is piling it on French loaf with caramelized onions and classic horseradish sauce.Print
Prime Rib with Caramelized Onion Sandwiches
- 1 can refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups thinly sliced yellow onion (1 large)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish cream or sauce
- 8 oz thinly sliced cooked beef prime rib
- 1 cup fresh baby arugula
- Heat oven to 350°F. Bake French loaf as directed on can. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and salt; cook 10 to 12 minutes, stirring frequently, until deep golden brown.
- Cut French loaf in half crosswise, then in half horizontally. Spread 1 tablespoon horseradish cream over cut sides of bottom of each loaf. Top each loaf with half each of the beef, onions, arugula and loaf tops.