- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 6 people
- April 29, 2016
Maple-Glazed Breakfast Meatballs.
Wow your brunch guests with savory-sweet breakfast meatballs.Print
Maple-Glazed Breakfast Meatballs
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, toasted, crushed to fine crumbs in food processor
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tart-sweet apple (Pink Lady or Honeycrisp)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Heat oven to 400° F. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir Meatball ingredients with wooden spoon or your hands until well combined. Shape mixture into 36 to 40 (1-inch) meatballs; place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until no longer pink in center (160° F).
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir Glaze ingredients until well combined.
- Brush meatballs with half of the glaze; bake 3 minutes longer. Drizzle remaining glaze over meatballs just before serving.