- March 19, 2016
Pork Tenderloin With Strawberry Sauce Recipe.
What do you do with a lean cut of meat like pork tenderloin? Wrap it in bacon! You’ll get a juicier overall experience and a crispy outside – not to mention all that bacon flavor. Just to make absolutely sure you don’t dry out the tenderloin, it’s also a good idea to cook it over indirect heat – set the coals blazing in one part of the grill, and then cook the tenderloin over a different part, so the heat isn’t quite so intense.
- 3 to 4 lbs pork tenderloin;
- 8 to 10 bacon slices;
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced;
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar;
- 4 garlic cloves, minced;
- Olive oil;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your grill to high for indirect heat.
- Wrap the bacon slices around the tenderloin and secure with toothpicks.
- Place the tenderloin over the indirect heat, and cook for about 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium-high heat, and cook the garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and ? cup of the sliced strawberries, and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to a simmer, and let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Season the sauce to taste and add the remaining strawberries.
- Baste the tenderloin with some of the strawberry sauce and cook over direct heat until the bacon gets crispy.
- Slice the pork and serve with the remaining strawberry sauce.