- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 5 people
- February 28, 2016
Let’s burn some useful energy.
Every pirate needs a food that gives energy. Help captain Jack and his team to defeat the dastardly captain Hook with the help of these super healthy vegetarian gold doubloons! Wonderful for a buffet or Breakfast.Print
Prepare gold doubloons for Captain Jack
- 3 slices of whole meal bread,
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped,
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked and mashed into puree (if you don’t have sweet potatoes you can use regular potatoes),
- coriander leaves,
- green pepper, finely chopped,
- 1/2 small cans of corn, without any liquid,
- 1 small onion, finely chopped,
- 2 teaspoons Golden flax seed meal or sesame seeds
- salt to taste (use sparingly),
- black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Place corn, carrot, green pepper, onion and coriander leaves in a food processor and chop everything.
- Mash boiled potatoes in mashed potatoes and chopped vegetables, add salt and pepper.
- Using cookie cutters for cookies, cut out circles from the bread slices (you should get four circles out of one slice of bread). If you don’t have molds for cookies, grab a mug of medium size.
- Spoon the vegetable mixture over the bread, then liberally sprinkle the seeds (they should stick to the mixture).
- Heat a frying pan with a little oil over medium heat.
- Put your coins in and cook for several minutes on each side, until their color becomes Golden.