- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 1 people
- February 28, 2016
Prepare pink pasta Animal from the Muppets
A great dish for a child who never eats vegetables.
The secret of this delicious dish – beets, it will give the pasta a subtle sweet and nutty flavor and bright pink color. This dish is perfect for kids who don’t want to eat vegetables, and the Animal will surely approve of this choice!
for the beet sauce:
- 2 medium beets, peeled and diced,
- 1/2 small yellow onion, thinly sliced,
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Ricotta cheese
for the Animal:
- cooked pasta,
- beet sauce (recipe above)
- cherry tomatoes,
- mozzarella cheese,
- yellow peppers,
- pitted olives.
- Peel and slice the beets. So you don’t have painted your fingers, clean the beets under cold running water.
- Place peeled, diced beets in a medium saucepan filled with cold water.
- Bring to a boil, and then cook until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the beets will be cooked, heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add thinly sliced onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Saut? onion until it becomes soft and slightly Golden, about 10 minutes.
- Strain the beets and allow to cool.
- Mix chilled beets, fried onions and 2 tablespoons of Ricotta cheese in a food processor.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook and drain spaghetti.
- Place the cooked spaghetti in the pan with beet sauce. Cook, stirring constantly over low heat until sauce is fully heated and pasta is covered with sauce.
- Lay the pasta in the center of the plate.
- Slice the mozzarella 1/2 thickness (inches) then cut two oval shapes for the eyes. Cut the remains of the cheese in the form of tiny teeth.
- Put the parsley on top of the pink paste, this will be the eyebrows.
- Top eyebrow put the eyes out of mozzarella, with eyeballs – olives.
- With cherry tomato make the Animal’s nose and mouth or shape of the slice of yellow pepper.
- The teeth of mozzarella must be placed over the mouth from yellow pepper.