- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 1 people
- February 28, 2016
Prepare pink pasta Animal from the Muppets.
A great dish for a child who never eats vegetables.
The secret of this delicious dish – beets, it will give the pasta a subtle sweet and nutty flavor and bright pink color. This dish is perfect for kids who don’t want to eat vegetables, and the Animal will surely approve of this choice!
- 2 medium beets, peeled and diced,
- 1/2 small yellow onion, thinly sliced,
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Ricotta cheese
- cooked pasta,
- beet sauce (recipe above)
- cherry tomatoes,
- mozzarella cheese,
- yellow peppers,
- pitted olives.
- Peel and slice the beets. So you don’t have painted your fingers, clean the beets under cold running water.
- Place peeled, diced beets in a medium saucepan filled with cold water.
- Bring to a boil, and then cook until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the beets will be cooked, heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add thinly sliced onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Saut? onion until it becomes soft and slightly Golden, about 10 minutes.
- Strain the beets and allow to cool.
- Mix chilled beets, fried onions and 2 tablespoons of Ricotta cheese in a food processor.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook and drain spaghetti.
- Place the cooked spaghetti in the pan with beet sauce. Cook, stirring constantly over low heat until sauce is fully heated and pasta is covered with sauce.
- Lay the pasta in the center of the plate.
- Slice the mozzarella 1/2 thickness (inches) then cut two oval shapes for the eyes. Cut the remains of the cheese in the form of tiny teeth.
- Put the parsley on top of the pink paste, this will be the eyebrows.
- Top eyebrow put the eyes out of mozzarella, with eyeballs – olives.
- With cherry tomato make the Animal’s nose and mouth or shape of the slice of yellow pepper.
- The teeth of mozzarella must be placed over the mouth from yellow pepper.