- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 3 people
- May 1, 2016
Funny Face Veggie Sandwiches.
You’re going to love creating and eating these cute scarecrows!Print
Funny Face Veggie Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup chive-and-onion cream cheese spread (from 8-oz container)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 3 whole wheat round sandwich thins
- 1 large yellow bell pepper (cut into 1×1/4-inch strips)
- Broccoli and cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup julienne carrots
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese spread, peanut butter, ginger and ground red pepper with electric mixer on high speed until smooth.
- Cut red bell pepper: For scarecrow hats, cut 3 (3×2-inch) rectangles; for brims, cut 6 (1/2×1/2-inch) rectangles; for mouths, cut 3 (1×1/4-inch) rectangles.
- To assemble each scarecrow face: Spread 3 tablespoons cream cheese mixture onto sandwich thin. Place large red pepper rectangle on top of sandwich for hat; place 2 small red pepper rectangles on each side of hat for brim. Place yellow pepper strips under hat for hair, broccoli for eyes, cauliflower for nose, red bell pepper strip for mouth and julienne carrots for straw around scarecrow neck.