- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- 4 people
- March 20, 2016
Breakfast Hash With Sausage And Eggs Recipe
Mix up the breakfast routine a little with oven-roasted sweet potatoes, juicy sausage, and just a little bit of spice. You could use any kind of sausage for this, but it would be particularly good with something more savory, like chorizo or Italian sausage. Just make sure to get the good stuff; no mystery ingredients and weird fillers! (If a sausage is labeled low-fat, there’s probably something funky going on).
- 4 to 8 eggs;
- 4 sausages, casing removed;
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced;
- 1 onion, diced;
- 1 bell pepper, diced;
- Green onions, sliced (for garnishing);
- 1 tsp. chili powder;
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano;
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder;
- 1 tbsp. olive oil;
- Cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Place the sweet potato cubes into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, chili powder, oregano, and garlic. Season to taste and stir until well-coated.
- Spread the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Place in the oven and roast for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Melt some cooking fat in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and bell peppers and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sausages to the onion and pepper and cook until the meat is browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes and stir everything together.
- Remove the mixture from the pan. Add some more cooking fat to the skillet if necessary to cook the eggs.
- Break the eggs into the skillet. Cook until done as desired.
- Divide the potato-sausage mixture among all the plates, and top each plate with a fried egg.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and serve.