- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 35 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 4 people
- March 21, 2016
Breakfast Casserole With Sausages Recipe.
Here’s another savory breakfast (or lunch, or snack…) recipe that’s easy to make ahead and save in individual containers for quick grab-and-go nutrition. The combination of eggs and sausages is hearty and filling, and the sweet potatoes are perfect if you’re grabbing something on the run after a workout (for a lower-carb version, substitute winter squash or another favorite vegetable).Print
Breakfast Casserole With Sausages Recipe
- 8 eggs
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, casing removed
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup almond or coconut milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking fat
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Melt some cooking fat in a skillet placed over a medium-high heat. Add the sausages, and crumble while cooking.
- When the sausages are cooked, transfer them to a large bowl.
- Add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper to the same skillet, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes over a medium heat.
- Pour the vegetables into the bowl with the cooked sausages.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the skillet, season to taste, cover, and cook about 8 minutes.
- Mix the sweet potatoes into the bowl with the sausages and vegetables.
- Pour the sausage and sweet potato mixture in a baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage mixture, and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes, and serve warm with green onions sprinkled on top.