- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 180 mins
- 6 people
- April 30, 2016
Cheesy Chorizo Breakfast Casserole.
Prepare this the night before for a stress-free weekend morning.
Cheesy Chorizo Breakfast Casserole
- 1/2 lb bulk chorizo sausage
- 1 box (3.7 oz) cheesy hashbrown potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup salsa, if desired
- Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain.
- Place Potatoes in baking dish. Sprinkle with sausage and cheese. In medium bowl, beat Sauce Mix, water and eggs with whisk until well blended. Pour over mixture in baking dish. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 12 hours.
- Heat oven to 400?F. Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with salsa.