- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 565 mins
- 8 people
- May 10, 2016
Overnight Country Sausage and Hash Brown Casserole.
This hearty make-ahead casserole is ready to go in the oven the next morning for a great family breakfast.Print
Overnight Country Sausage and Hash Brown Casserole
- 1 package (16 oz) bulk hot pork sausage
- 10 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 bag (20 oz) refrigerated O’Brien hash browns (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. In 8-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, milk, Dijon mustard and pepper with whisk until mixed well. Stir in hash browns, 1 cup of the cheese and the cooked sausage. Pour mixture in baking dish; cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours but no longer than 12 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Remove dish from refrigerator, uncover and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until center is just set. Cool 10 minutes before serving.