- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 45 mins
- 2 people
- May 5, 2016
Stove-Top Chicken Enchilada Lasagna.
Layer traditional enchilada ingredients between tortillas right on the stove top for a super supper for two.
Stove-Top Chicken Enchilada Lasagna
- 1 tablespoon butter or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion (1 small)
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ red enchilada sauce
- 1 to 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 can (12.5 oz) chunk chicken breast in water, drained
- 4 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos, 8 inch (from 11-oz package)
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese (4 oz)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1/3 cup sliced jalape?o chiles (from jar)
- 1 can (7 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- Sour cream
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Reserve 1/4 cup enchilada sauce; add remaining sauce to onion. Stir in cumin and chicken. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
- Lightly grease 10-inch skillet with butter or cooking spray; heat over low heat. Place 1 tortilla in skillet; top evenly with pepper Jack cheese and second tortilla. Spread chicken mixture over second tortilla; top with third tortilla. Sprinkle evenly with Cheddar cheese; top with jalape?o chiles and green chiles. Place fourth tortilla over chiles; spread reserved 1/4 cup enchilada sauce over top.
- Cover skillet; cook over low heat 18 to 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes before serving. Cut into 4 wedges; serve topped with sour cream and if desired, several additional jalape?o chile slices.