- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- 3 people
- May 25, 2016
Breakfast Egg Boat.
Break out of your brunch routine with an easy egg bake upgrade. Make French loaf boats for fun dishes you can eat!
Breakfast Egg Boat
- 1/4 lb bulk mild chorizo sausage
- 3 very small sweet peppers, finely chopped
- 1 can refrigerated crusty French loaf, baked as directed on can
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 oz)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In 8-inch nonstick skillet, cook chorizo over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently to break up. Drain well in strainer, pressing out excess drippings with large spoon.
- In same skillet, cook peppers over medium heat about 3 minutes or until tender. Add peppers to strainer with chorizo to cool.
- Place baked French loaf on ungreased cookie sheet. Using serrated knife, cut v-shaped wedge in top; remove wedge and pull out most of the soft bread from inside, leaving a thick wall to protect egg mixture from leaking.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, chorizo and peppers with whisk. Pour into bread boat; top with cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cool 2 minutes before serving.