- Preparation time
- 5 mins
- Cooking time
- 10 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 2 people
- March 20, 2016
Roasted Red Pepper Deviled Eggs Recipe.
These Halloween-themed deviled eggs don’t have any actual pumpkin in the recipe, but the yolks are shaped into a pumpkin silhouette to add a holiday touch, and adding red peppers and paprika gives you a light orange color to match the seasonal theme. You can even poke a little piece of chive into each egg to make a “stem” for the pumpkin and add a touch of contrasting color.Print
Roasted Red Pepper Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 8 large eggs;
- 1 red bell peppers, sliced in half and seeded;
- 4 tbsp. homemade mayonnaise;
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard;
- 1/2 tsp. paprika;
- 2 chives, sliced;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat oven to “broil” (as high as it will go).
- Place the bell peppers in the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until charred.
- Put the eggs in a single layer in a saucepan on the stovetop, covered by at least 1-2 inches of cold water.
- Bring the eggs to a boil, and boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from heat, and rinse under cold water continuously for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Crack egg shells and carefully peel under cool running water.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, and set the yolks aside.
- Place the yolks in a food processor with the roasted bell pepper, mayonnaise, mustard and half the paprika.
- Process the mixture until smooth, and season to taste.
- Spoon the mixture into egg white halves, and shape the visible part of the yolk mixture into a pumpkin shape.
- Sprinkle with paprika, and place a single chive slice into each yolk mixture to make the “stem” of the pumpkin.