- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- 5 people
- March 21, 2016
Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes With Eggs Recipe
Microwaves might be convenient, but oven-baked sweet potatoes get a mouthwatering caramelized sweetness that the microwave just can’t seem to replicate – it’s good enough to be worth the extra time, especially if you’re making a recipe like this that will give you several days’ worth of breakfasts in one.
- 4 to 5 sweet potatoes, peeled;
- 3/4 lb. bacon, cooked and cut into chunks;
- 8 eggs;
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder;
- 2 tbsp. olive oil;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Wrap each sweet potato in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 min, or until soft.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the foil and let cool until safe to handle.
- Lower the oven heat to 350 F.
- Cut potatoes into pieces and place in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, season to taste, and toss everything together: the sweet potatoes will fall apart, but that’s normal.
- Place the mixture in a baking dish.
- Scatter half the bacon and half the green onions on top of everything.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and season to taste.
- Pour the beaten eggs on top of the sweet potato mixture and top with the remaining green onions and bacon.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the eggs are set.