- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 3 people
- March 20, 2016
Egg And Vegetable Muffins Recipe
These finger-friendly “muffins” are the perfect way to whip up a big batch of eggs and vegetables to go – they’re great for quick breakfasts, lunches, or snacks on the run. Make a bunch on the weekend and stash them in your fridge for emergencies. But baked eggs are also great for a weekend morning: sometimes you’d rather have something easy and relaxing than a lavish brunch that takes you an hour to get ready.
- 8 eggs, beaten;
- 2 bell peppers, chopped;
- 1 onion, chopped;
- 8 to 10 fresh mushrooms, sliced;
- 2 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- Cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Melt some cooking fat in skillet placed over a medium-high heat. Cook the onion, bell peppers, and garlic until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and spinach and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Season everything to taste.
- Whisk the eggs together in a big bowl, and add the bell pepper & spinach mixture.
- Grease a muffin tin and pour the mixture evenly into the muffin cups.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.