- March 16, 2016
Crispy Chicken Bites.
If you like, you can easily add some hot sauce to the coating, but this is completely optional. You could also replace it with your favorite BBQ sauce, or just heat up the hot sauce and use it as a dipping sauce instead, or leave it out completely and enjoy the chicken bites without any extra heat. However you make them, they’re bound to be a hit with kids and adults alike.
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup hot sauce (optional)
- 2 tbsp. ghee (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, the tapioca starch, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken pieces in the batter and stir until well-coated.
- Warm coconut oil in a skillet place over a medium-high heat.
- Carefully place the chicken pieces into the hot skillet, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- If you want the chicken bites to be spicy, heat the hot sauce and ghee in a small saucepan over a low heat until well-combined. Then add in the chicken and toss until everything is covered.
- Place the chicken bites in the oven on broil for 3 to 4 minutes per side to make them extra crunchy.