- March 16, 2016
Orange and Thyme Chicken Recipe.
The sweetness makes this recipe a great one for kids – well, that and the fact that you can put it on the table almost as soon as they get hungry. Try it with some sweet potato fries for a kid-friendly finger food, and maybe some oven-roasted cauliflower for a non-starchy vegetable.Print
Orange and Thyme Chicken Recipe
- 6 chicken legs, skin on
- Zest and juice of 2 oranges
- 1/4 cup homemade ketchup
- 3 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme, minced
- 2 tbsp. cooking fat
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- In a bowl, combine the orange juice, orange zest, ketchup, coconut aminos, and thyme.
- Season each chicken leg with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Melt some cooking fat in a oven proof skillet placed over a high heat.
- Brown the chicken legs for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and cook in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes.