- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 10 people
- January 31, 2016
Herring under a Fur Coat.
The Soviet Union collapsed more than 20 years ago. Yet many of the culinary traditions started in that era are still very much alive. Today I want to share one of Russia’s most beloved recipes, a New Year’s Eve dinner staple known to everyone in countries of the former Soviet Union.
- boiled beets average - 1 pc
- boiled potatoes medium - 2 pieces
- salted herring fillets - 4 pieces
- pickled cucumbers - 2-3 pc
- eggs hard-boiled - 2 pieces
- mayonnaise - 1/2 cup
- Big Apple - 1 pc
- Potatoes, beets and apple grate. Eggs finely chopped. Mix the apple with eggs. In large dish put half the potatoes in the form of two fish. Fluff with mayonnaise.
- Top place pieces of herring. Share on herring layers beets, potatoes and apple mixture, soaking each layer of mayonnaise. Cucumbers cut into thin slices. Lay them on top of a scale. Make of green leaves leek tails and fins. Before submitting to the table to put in the fridge.