- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 95 mins
- 8 people
- April 26, 2016
Caprese Quinoa Salad.
The classic summer combination of tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil are tossed with quinoa for an easy, but sophisticated summer salad. Cooking the quinoa in Progresso™ stock is the key to a flavorful salad.Print
Caprese Quinoa Salad
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ chicken or vegetable stock or Progresso™ chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes (about 10.5 oz)
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup julienne fresh basil leaves, plus additional for garnish
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat stock to boiling over high heat. Add quinoa and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until all stock is absorbed. Transfer to large bowl. Refrigerate at least 1 hour until cool.
- In small bowl, beat vinegar, mustard, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper with whisk. Slowly beat in olive oil.
- Stir tomatoes, mozzarella and vinaigrette into cooled quinoa. Gently stir in 1/2 cup basil leaves.
- Transfer to serving bowl; garnish with additional basil.